Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Diffuse Breathe

A few weeks ago my son was having a difficult time breathing, just really congested!  He was waking himself due to having difficulty breathing a ridiculous amount of times a night.  In his first few weeks of life, like any new mom would, I made a few runs and phone calls to the doctor when I felt my son was a little under the weather. Due to his age, their response was always the same "use a humidifier, saline and prop his crib up". It always made me feel so helpless, I mean didn't they hear the same rattle and congestion I heard?

Well this time I decided to try something new (with the recommended usual), diffuse Breathe while he slept. And the best part of it is the whole family got to breathe it in, too! My son still sleeps in our room in his pack 'n play after he wakes up hungry in his room (Call it lazy, but I'm too tired to walk to his room repeatedly in the night). Shhh... don't tell anyone! Prior to being a mom I always thought I'd be one of those moms who's kid slept through the night at 3 weeks in his own room...pppsshh! What did I know? Now I say do what works best for you and your family. In my case it is using Breathe in my diffuser in our room.

This is the diffuser I use!

I love my Wyndmere diffusers because it shuts off on its own and it is easy to use! All I do is fill it to the fill line with distilled water and add 5 drops of this amazing stuff! Breathe is a blend, meaning it has a mixture of several oils.


I then set the settings to how long I want it to diffuse and how hard I want the fan to blow. I like to set it to where it diffuses for a little while and then stops and then diffuse again and so on. I like this setting because it will diffuse the entire night and then some! 

After using Breathe in the diffuser my son's breathing got better and he slept better. I'm not claiming a miracle because he did  not sleep through the night. However, it has made an improvement! Coming from a lady that has not slept an eight straight hours in over eight months... any extra sleep and better breathing is a win!

Happy breathing and oil using! -Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment