Saturday, July 5, 2014

Carrier Oils

When I first got started with Essential Oils I felt as if I was thrown into a world of lingo I did not know. The first word that came up was "neat", which I always thought of as a synonym for cool or awesome. I quickly realized that it meant to apply an oil straight or without a carrier oil. Which brings us to another set of words, "carrier oil". What on earth is a "carrier oil"? Carrier oils are simply oils you use with your essential oils. Carrier oils can have many benefits such as lessening EOs evaporation, making oils spread farther (I'm all about this!), and making EOs not as potent. My sister, Missy, once applied oregano (a "hot" oil) neat to her face! Let's just say she was wishing she had used a carrier oil. I use quite a few oils on my 8 month old son and due to his age it is important to use carrier oils. Baby skin is quite sensitive, especially my son's skin! Now you may thinking, "Carrier oils are oils you use with EOs, but what are carrier oils?!?!". Well I've made a little chart to help you out.



I hope this chart helps you understand a little more about carrier oils. In case you were wondering, I love coconut oil! It has so many wonderful benefits of it's own and when you combine it with doTERRA oils the combination is better than either one alone. Reminds me of saying from a show I  watched as a kid "With our powers combined...".
Just remember too much of a good thing is not always a good thing. Make sure you do not over dilute your EOs with your carrier oils. Happy oil using! -Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment