Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bug Spray

I recently got Terra Shield, which can be used directly from the bottle to keep those pesky bugs away. However, if you know me at all, you know if I can make something stretch a little further I will. Well lets just say it...I'm cheap (I prefer "smart with my money")! Sometimes my stretches work and sometimes they do not... in this case it did. I turned my Terra Shield into a nifty spray!


1. I got some of these awesome 2 oz. glass spray bottles from Amazon. (You are not supposed to use plastic bottles.)



2. I filled the bottle most of the way full with distilled water (I left just enough room for my other ingredients).


3. I added about a teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil with my dropper that came with my Amazon glass spray bottles.



4. I finished by adding 30 drops of Terra Shield.




My husband, 8 month old son and I all used the spray at an outside BBQ last week. We did not get a single bug bite. Normally, if there is one mosquito in a 5 mile radius it will find my husband. So it is pretty impressive that he did not get bit, especially this time of year in Texas! Everything is bigger in Texas, including the bugs!


 Don't forget to shake it up before each use to make sure everything is mixed well. Hope the bug spray works for you, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment